Friday, September 19, 2008

Asian Club

I just remembered some things just now and since I didn't want to mash everything together into one horribly incoherent mess, here it is in short and simple lines.

I was president for 2.3 years.
I organized parties, cooking classes, language lessons, even a trip to DC.
The year had been fantastic.
I was up for re-election as a senior.
A certain candidate had told me in the past on multiple occasions that she was getting tired of attending meetings because they bored her.
She won.
One person voted for me.
I lost.
Was I that bad?
Was it because it was necessary for me to be harsh and strict to get things done?
Because I couldn't stay for 4 more hours after the meetings to just fool around?
I was crushed.
I felt betrayed since a BF (new and not very familiar with the other candidates) had voted against me.
I got over it.

I couldn't make meetings this year but not out of bitterness.
I heard that meetings were all over that place and that eventually "she" gave up.
No trips but a lot of failed candy/bake sales.
Felt bad but couldn't go anything as a [mock] co-VP.
The irony.

No comments: