Friday, September 19, 2008

oh the wonders of RIM

I just DLed the google mobile app onto my new Blackberry curve and I am impressed. Hopefully now that I can blog anywhere, I'll be able to post more often :). I've seen a lot of people with BB's now that RIM released the everyday consumer-friendly curve. I personally use it for both business and pleasure. Not only do I have an SD card full of movies and custom ringtones/wallpapers, I also researched some of the most popular and useful applications.

Must-have BB apps:
1. BBweather 0.76 - simple interface, instant weather updates, a little buggy with trackball models
2. Pac-man from benny chow - fun classic
3. Google mobile app - access to your gmail account(s), maps/driving directions, news, RSS feeds
4.Circle pop and 5udoku - games available from the BB mobile site.
5. Facebook - came with the phone but is useful if you use it - the curve is definitely marketed towards the younger generations
6. Piconews - fanatastic news feed manager - search through hundreds of subscriptions and you're bound to find something of interest (i.e. NYT arts, asian entertainment, movie reviews, joystiq, BBC world news,etc) - definitely one of my favorite applications so far.
7. Ramble IM - useful AIM only client

I also have a bunch more miscellaneous ones including a wikipedia search engine but it's they're not as noteworthy. Most of these apps are available OTA so go ahead and start taking full advantage of your Blackberry!

No comments: